Thursday, May 22, 2008

Little Black Book: Donna

     


Richie Valens: Donna

[purchase]

When Richie Valens was a student at San Fernando High, he wrote this about his girlfriend, Donna Ludwig. The Pacoima, California, native was first known as the "Little Richard of the Valley", most Rock fans recall he was one of the musicians that perished in the fateful plane crash that is known as The Day the Music Died. Donna Ludwig is now Donna Fox, Branch Manager of Sacramento's Eagle Home Mortgage. She's married with grandkids and has a personalized license plate that reads "ODONNA". I had a girl, Donna was her name...

9 comments:

Paul said...

Great post. One of the few (if only) to include a photo of the actual subject of the song.

Paul said...

Oh. I see you did that earlier too. Setting the bar pretty high Dean...

Anonymous said...

Heh - I try! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

The Clem Snide version is amazing...

bwrice said...

Anonymous: I like the Clem Snide version too. It was on my LONG list of possibles for the week but I didn't post it because I didn't have the original.

Here it is for anyone who's interested.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to get a picture of the vanity license plate! that would be a great one to feature on my blog www.platenuts.com

keep me posted if youi can manage to get the pic of her plate

Anonymous said...

platenuts - try emailing her at dfox@eaglehomemortgage.com, I have a feeling she might help you.

Anonymous said...

I can see whey Ritchie fell in love with her. She still looks wonderful. Thanks for posting the photos.

Unknown said...

I love 💕 the music 🎵 of Ritchie valens because I have studying the music 🎵 in high school back in the 1988 to 1991