Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1973: I'm One



The Who: I'm One

[purchase]

I'm pretty sure that Quadrophenia was the first record released in 1973 to find its way into my collection.

I had just a casual interest in music as a kid until the day I heard The Who and realized that music is important. Twenty Five years later I'm still blogging about it, so it must have had a pretty big effect on me.

This song about trying to find your place in the crowd probably has a timeless attraction to teenagers, though I really have no idea what the kids are listening to these days.

Townshend sounds great on vocals and guitar.

I've got a Gibson without a case,
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face
Ill fitting clothes and I blend in the crowd
Fingers so clumsy, voice too loud ...

But I'm one.

blog comments powered by Disqus