Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Music Biz: Mike McClure



Here we have two very different, albeit both quite spiteful, looks at the how the music business can affect you as a person - from Red Dirt pioneer Mike McClure.

“I was in a band for 10 years with the same guys, up and down the road for a long time. And I decided to leave it, and to do something new. That was a strange thing for me, but this is the song that came out of it; kind of the dealing with all of that.” – Mike McClure
Take the time to really listen to these lyrics – they’re as real as it gets. I imagine it’s a transcript of the things he wished he would have said to his former bandmates. However, in recording the song, he did just that.

Mike McClure Band: Just Not Good Enough

[purchase]

Although never fully verified, I’m convinced this is song dedicated to the fans that pose never-ending, pointless questions to artists each and every night at their shows. After a while it gets to the point where you can’t fake interest anymore. I’ve often sat back at Mike’s shows during this song and caught a shit-eating grin on his face as he eyes the guy who yelled out the request. Cody Canada of Cross Canadian Ragweed co-wrote the tune and offers his vocals on the first verse.

Mike McClure: In My Ears

[purchase]

blog comments powered by Disqus