Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Music Biz: The Road


Jackson Browne: The Road*

I'm kind of sorry that this is my second Jackson Browne contribution to this here thing we have going on... I usually don't like to provide an outlet for physically abusive personalities, but...

"The Road" from Running On Empty is one of the best descriptors of life - as a million selling singer, riding that silver-coach - there is. Period.

Maybe the anguish of his perfect, dream-like, existence was the inspiration for demanding that the woman he loved, back home, could never live up to his tortured soul... even years later... but I just don't understand how a person - a star even - would raise his fist in anger.

Wasn't it good enough to be the best?

*I'm not providing a link to purchase, because I don't want to put any more cash in that asshole's pocket. I'm sure you can figure out how to get his stuff, should you need to.

blog comments powered by Disqus