Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blog Names: Spread The Good Word!



Tennessee Ernie Ford: Cry Of The Wild Goose [purchase]

Garnet Mimms: As Long As I Have You [purchase]

If pressed to name the coolest music blog on the net, I think I'd say Spread The Good Word! The place just has a really great vibe (think Creature From The Black Lagoon and Wanda Jackson and exclamation points). Plus, the music is incredible. Featuring the very best in forgotten and semi-forgotten soul, rock, and country from the 1950’s and 1960’s, STGW! is a pure joy.

The author, Rev. Tom Frost, is a musician himself. I’d post some of his stuff here, but my copy is DRM’d from i-tunes, so that’s a no go. He does a nice cover of I Saw The Light. You should check out his personal website in addition to his great blog.

[Note: This week we are supposed to be posting songs that inspired the blog’s name. I don’t think a song inspired the name of this blog (but I could be wrong). So I just posted a couple of wonderful tunes that represent the kind of thing Reverend Frost regularly features. I just couldn't leave STGW! out of the blog love that's going on with this theme. I'll take the heat from the boss if necessary.]

blog comments powered by Disqus