Sunday, May 6, 2012

Eateries and Watering Holes: Alice's Restaurant


Jeff Fiorentino: Alice's Restaurant

[download other Fiorentino tracks]

More or less immediately, Arlo Guthrie's (1967) Alice's Restaurant came to mind. I'm not sure why: maybe it's because I worked as a chef in a restaurant for a few years after graduating from college.

I want to assume that any information I can provide here about the original/Arlo Guthrie is superfluous to anything you can find online. (start here?)

While you can check out Arlo's original here, I wanted to send you a different and considerably shorter (Arlo's original is 18 minutes+) version with a different slant. I have been into Berlin-based SoundCloud for nigh on a year now, and continue - almost daily - to find something new and worth my time there.

This post features Jeff Fiorentino's SoundCloud version. This is the first time I have come across his name, but it appears that he offers online guitar tutorials. This cover is a considerably "harder" version  of Arlo's song, but it retains the essence of the original.

blog comments powered by Disqus