Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanks and Appreciation: Kind and Generous



Natalie Merchant: Kind and Generous

[Purchase]

When I first heard this song on the radio I thought it was catchy, but corny. I did like it though. I had always thought it was probably ultimately a song to thank a parent for bringing her up in a loving home. Then I saw Natalie perform at Lilith Fair in 1998 and as her closing song she performed this and she sang it so genuinely to the crowd and I thought "wow, this is a beautiful song to end a set with. She is thanking her fans, her audiences for making her career and way of life possible, for filling it with support and praise". So, perhaps when she wrote it she was writing it for a song to close performances with or perhaps it is to a parent, but regardless it is an overarching song that you can think is for anyone and everyone that it applies to in your own life.
Thank you, thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus