Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Leftovers (Star Maker Debut): Tina Dico


Tina Dico: Break of Day

[purchase]

Zero7 (ft. Tina Dico): Home

[purchase]

I'm commonly surprised at some of the artists who we've missed along the way, and so I had some in mind for Star Maker Debut week. Even then, I never got a chance to post anything by Tina Dico, someone who caught my ear a few years ago. I don't know much about her: She's a Danish singer-songwriter who's had some success in Europe. She's got a clear, beautiful voice and some pretty decent songwriting talent. She's won reams of musical awards in Denmark. And the rest…yeah, say it with me…I learned on Wikipedia.

Still, I do know what I like: these two great songs. One's from an early EP, Far, and the other's by trip-hop artists Zero7 that features Tina on vocals. Both were released in 2004.

blog comments powered by Disqus