Friday, September 4, 2009

Beatles Covers: Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)


The Nudes: Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

[purchase]

I have mentioned The Nudes before and, upon re-reading my entry, I see that I even gave a heads-up to BoyHowdy as to this Beatles cover - now here I am posting it myself!

I love the Middle Eastern sound of the percussion, cadence and strings (echoing George Harrison's sitar in the original) - the harmonies add an extra layer of mysticism and mystery...

There are some fascinating backstories and references on the song's Wikipedia page, including many possibilities as to what the lyrics mean as well as the definition of Norwegian wood - all I know is that it's a Beatles tune that never fails to make me feel good... or even better, depending on my mood...

blog comments powered by Disqus