Saturday, March 20, 2010

Erin Go Bragh: Last Call at the SMM Pub


The Waterboys: Why Look At the Moon

[purchase]

Mary Black: Columbus

[purchase]

We're nearing Last Call at the Star Maker Machine Pub - I offer up two more raised glasses of mayhem and melody to help close out this festive St. Patrick's Day week!

Mayhem comes in the form of The Waterboys - I was not familiar with them until I bought the Sweet Relief tribute, which I wrote about here... but I'm so glad I educated myself. This song immediately comes to mind any time I'm outside at night looking skyward, which is often - no matter the phase (full, half, crescent or new), I can't help but sing this to myself (and sometimes out loud, depending on my company and condition). Catchy and fun - I predict it will become an earworm for many of you as well...

Melody can't come much sweeter than Mary Black - although she doesn't write much of her own material, she is a song stylist extraordinaire. Her gorgeous voice has you believing every word - this tune is one of the most melancholy I know... and I use it as wallowing therapy when I really just need to feel something in my heart... before I move on to process it in my head...

May you have warm words on a cold evening,

a full moon on a dark night,

and the road downhill all the way to your door.

blog comments powered by Disqus