Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Heaven Week: Will There Be Big Rigs In Heaven?



Buck Owens: Will There Be Big Rigs In Heaven?

[purchase]

This one's just perfect. For maximum enjoyment, follow along with the lyrics:

Will there be big rigs in heaven when I die?
Will my reward be cruising down that freeway in the sky?
When I climb that final grade, when my final run is made
Will there be big rigs in heaven?

That ol' diesel singing loud
Big wheels gliding thru the clouds
Would they allow a big rig in heaven?
Gearing down, that engine's pulling
Up to where ol' Gabriel's blowing
They've got to need a big rig in heaven!

If my ol' Kenworth don't come thru
A new Saint Peter-bilt will do
If they let me have a big rig in heaven
No more pot-holes, no more scales
No more smokeys on my tail
Can't wait to drive a big rig in heaven!

(chorus)

Hot showers every morning
Every ticket is a warning
I think I'd like a big rig in heaven
Every waitress is an angel
With her coffee pot and halo
What could beat a big rig in heaven?

I'll wear wings and play that harp
But I never could stay parked
Can I drive my big rig in heaven?
Is there a golden interstate
Just inside that pearly gate
Don't Jesus need a big rig in heaven?


blog comments powered by Disqus