Wednesday, May 14, 2008

History: Watergate Blues, H20 Gate Blues



Tom T. Hall: Watergate Blues [purchase]

Not a lot to say about this one. The song pretty much tells the story. Here's a Wikipedia article if you need more info.

Oh, and here's a short bonus tune (thanks to Robert from Reno):

John Denver: The Ballad Of Spiro Agnew [purchase]

**UPDATE!**: Thanks to Snuh & LD, here is another great history tune about Watergate (deadicated to Spearhead X, a.k.a. Spiro Agnew):

Gil Scott-Heron: H2O Gate Blues [purchase]

4 comments:

LD said...

Poignant *and* hilarious is tough to pull off, but Tom T does it damn near everytime. Well done.

Paul, I'm sending you the Brian Jackson/Gil Scott-Heron tune, "H2O Gate Blues" on the back channel. Check it.

Unknown said...

It's a Tom T. Hall day! Thanks for these two (this post and the last).

I know I heard plenty of him when I was a young'n, but, for whatever reason, I don't have any in my digital collection. 'Til now, that is!

Anonymous said...

Someone suggested this, as I do:

Gil Scott-Heron: H2O Gate Blues

LD said...

You mean I could've added the tune here in the comment form? I'm a big dummy. Great song, though. Good work, Snuh.