Thursday, September 9, 2010

Late: Born Too Late



The Poni-Tails: Born Too Late

[Purchase]

When I thought of songs about being late, this was the first that came to mind. When I was younger I loved to listen to oldies from the 50's and 60's with my parents. We used to have the oldies station on in the car and often in the house, so I knew those songs as well, if not better, than I knew the hits of the day. I liked them so well that my mom teased me that, like the girl in this song, I was also born too late, since I seemed to love the music from this era so much. But in the song the girl is lamenting her love for an older boy who won't even give her the time of day. Most of us have been there before.

The girl group The Poni-Tails had a few other singles, but none did as well as "Born Too Late", which wasn't even originally a single, but a b-side that the DJs took a liking to instead of the A-side. I'm glad they did, because this song is a little gem and always been a favorite oldie of mine.

blog comments powered by Disqus