Thursday, April 9, 2009

Anniversaries: Happy, Happy Birthday Baby



The Tuneweavers: Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

[Purchase]

When I was young, whenever my family would go on a day trip and be driving home in the evening the radio would be tuned to the local station that played oldies in the evenings. My mom and I enjoyed singing along, and our favorites were the ballads sung by the ladies. One favorite was The Tuneweaver's "Happy, Happy Birthday Baby". It was somewhat of a one hit wonder for the group, and maybe only that because of the novelty of it being a birthday related song that made it a perfect addition to a birthday party playlist. But it's still a really beautiful song and one that I got a lot of pleasure singing along to in the back of that old station wagon at night.

Happy Birthday, Starmaker Machine!

blog comments powered by Disqus