Saturday, April 10, 2010

Retrospective: I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry


Cowboy Junkies: I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

[purchase]

This post is dedicated to Paul (a Hank Williams fan of the highest degree), for the vision and start-up of Star Maker Machine - synchronistically, the day Boyhowdy invited me to contribute a guest post (late-October 2008) was the day *after* I had just been laid off from my job of 19 months. SMM was just what I needed... just when I needed it: a validating reassurance of my self-worth - the economy might be crumbling... but if there's one thing I know, it's music... d*mmit (stomps foot!)...

I then made a point of reading back through the archives (starting with the Days of the Week theme, April 2008) to familiarize myself with the contributors, content and style of writing (such an enjoyable time) - however, what I also discovered was that the blog began in another incarnation a few months before that, in early-February 2008...

I adore the diversity of the submissions: the vintage... the techno... the country... the metal... the rock... the rockabilly... the Celtic... the world... etc., in addition to my comfort zone of folk, and I think our strength has been in our differences - our readership honors them all... and it feeds my personal learning and growing process too...

I realize I'm wordy... and I personalize everything... and I tend toward a Pollyanna mindset - however, my love of songs is deep and passionate and fulfilling, as is evident in all of my fellow (and sister) Star Makers as well...

I just wanted to send out my appreciation to those of you who started and evolved the SMM concept... and to those who segued from readers to contributors - whether you still post or have stepped back for one reason or another, your passion for the music is evident... and it is a joy to follow the historical stepping stones... as well as attempt to continue the tradition...

blog comments powered by Disqus