Thursday, July 22, 2010

Parentheses: This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)


Shawn Colvin: This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)

[purchase]

Home is where you hang your hat. Home is where they have to let you in. Home is where the heart is. Home Sweet Home. There's no place like home...

Home is less a physical location and more a state of mind - home is where you feel comfortable and loved and wanted...

I have left one home in South Florida for another in the hills of New York - I departed with deep kisses and I will arrive to warm hugs (Boyhowdy and Darius and Fil, oh my!), to name but a few I look forward to crossing paths with this weekend...

I still have never heard the original Talking Heads song, but as soon as I listened to Shawn Colvin's version on her Cover Girl CD, it quickly became a favorite - it defines home (i.e. love) as valuable yet vulnerable, faithful yet fleeting, secure yet sensitive...

We who have it, wherever however whoever, realize how lucky we are and how little we can take it for granted - we count our blessings while keeping a vigil...

Home is where I want to be
But I guess I'm already there

blog comments powered by Disqus