Saturday, March 26, 2011

Trouble: Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen

grant green blue


Grant Green: Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen

[purchase]

This post is courtesy of Mr. Geoviki, who first turned me on to the amazing jazz guitarist Grant Green. I discovered a fair share of guitarists on my own, but Mr. G's the real guitar fan. In fact, while I sit upstairs and write these blog entries, he's down in the mancave practicing chord progressions and arpeggios.

Green released this album of spirituals cum instrumental wonders in 1962, the third in a series of concept albums recorded for Blue Note, and it's brilliant. Not only is Green in fine form, he's accompanied by a young Herbie Hancock on piano. If you like your jazz straight up and accessible, you'll like Grant Green.

blog comments powered by Disqus