Wednesday, April 24, 2019

What?! What Goes On




purchase [What Goes On ... ]


Aaah .. the Beatles. Or is it Ahhh ... the Beatles (How does one convey the proper inflection online?)
I confess: I will be a Beatles fan forever. Older stuff, later stuff ... they had the magic.
Sure ... their music is kind of basic, but basic/less can be more (if you get it right)
The lyrics for this ditty (a lot of their early stuff was one-step-removed from ditties) are typically repetitive:

What goes on in your heart?
What goes on in your mind?
You are tearing me apart
When you treat me so unkind
What goes on in your mind?

I think they were the first "band" I ever heard. Rather innocently. Probably hard not to have heard of them at that point in time - but I was maybe 10, so it didn't mean an awful lot. Certainly not as much as it means now with a deeper perspective.

And then, about 15-20 years ago, I happened across the freely distributed Beatles Ukelele project. Which sadly turned not-so-free after a few years. And which I have brought up here before.
I think I also recently brought up the fact that I once appeared on stage with a short-lived ensemble called the Beatless. (Sorry: those were VHS days - me, far left in shorts)

blog comments powered by Disqus