Monday, April 29, 2019

What?! What Is It About Men





purchase [ Frank]

A last minute entry for the What?! theme from Amy Winehouse ... It was set for scheduling but didnt work as planned.

Where, who & what ... Winehouse could have been in another life?

The song is - she once said-  about her parents' breakup when she was ~ 10. It's worth considering the longer term effects, n'est-ce pas? ...

Compare the lyrics of my previous [ Beatles] post --- and they're miles apart. The '60 Beatles repeat and repeat. Winehouse evolves a story.

You might learn some Spanish in the clip above by following along below:
[updated edit: my bad - that's not Spanish is it?!?  I ought to know better - Portuguese]

Understand, once he was a family man
So surely I would never, ever go through it first hand
Emulate all the shit my mother hated
I can't help but demonstrate my Freudian fate
My alibi for taking your guy
History repeats itself, it fails to die
And animal aggression is my downfall
I don't care 'bout what you got, I want it all
It's bricked up in my head, it's shoved under my bed
And I question myself again, "What is it about men?"
My destructive side has grown a mile wide
And I question myself again, "What is it about men? What is it about men?"
I'm nurturing, I just wanna do my thing
And I'll take the wrong man as naturally as I sing
And I'll save my tears for uncovering my fears
Our behavioral patters that stick over the years
 I beg you to look at how Winehouse wraps the lyrics around the music in a way that few ever could. You wouldn't think that words and notes would roll that way, but she makes it possible through her emotionally timed pauses/delays.

blog comments powered by Disqus