Thursday, June 12, 2008

Advice: Choose Life



PF Project feat. Ewan McGregor: Choose Life

[purchase]

"Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life."

Shame you actually have to post the song and not just the lyrics, as this fits the 'advice' theme perfectly...but it certainly isn't my kind of song!

Update: By some strange twist of fate, I am unable to get the song to work, so just lyrics it is after all! If anyone has a copy of the song that they would be prepared to share, and that we might have more luck with, please let me know...thanks!

Update 2: We're back on, thanks to some help from fellow SMM contributer Matt...cheers m'dear!

.

10 comments:

bwrice said...

divinyl - I'm not getting any audio on this one. Am I the only one?

Unknown said...

Yeah, that's 7:48 of silence. Now, as much as I enjoy a break from noise, on occasion...
Wait... is that you being snarky and "Shame you have to actually post the song..."
Hrm. Pretty sneaky!

Divinyl said...

Nope...no sneakiness going on. That's rather odd...I will try uploading again and see if it gets me anywhere; thanks for the tip off :o)

Divinyl said...

This is really bizarre! Just listened to the mp3 on my computer, then re-upped to Box and tried Boxtr too...no sound from either! I am seriously confused!

Unknown said...

Maybe the song is saying "Choose life"?
Hrm...
Is the song, on your 'puter, an .mp3? Or is it some other format... .ogg? .m4?... something?
That'd be my next t'rubble-shooter.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me that it's a DRM issue. Check your email.

Unknown said...

Looks like Dean is right on the nose...
I transcoded the "silent" song (using Super [Windows only. Sorry!]), and it is silent no more!

Anonymous said...

Song works fine on hypem's stream from your file:
http://hypem.com/track/569940/

Divinyl said...

Hmmm...I can't get Super to download, and the program you sent me, Dean, says something about not recognising any keys or something, when I try to install it :o(

Would one of you guys that's been able to decode be able to send it to Paul? He can get into my posts to add it. What a faff on...for a song that isn't really worth it anyway! Lol.

And thanks for the tip Anon...seems strange that it would play there and not here...but I know very little about technology!

Unknown said...

Here's the song: PF Project feat. Ewan McGregor - Choose Life.
See? Scrolling down the comments pays off!