Sunday, June 8, 2008

Advice: Don't You Worry About A Thing



Stevie Wonder: Don't You Worry About A Thing

[purchase]

A friend recommended Innervisions to me in about 1992. I bought it but couldn't get into it. I gave it another try a few years later, but still no luck. A few years after that I gave it another spin. There were a couple of stand out tunes, but still, nothing special. Then, finally three or four years ago, I got it!  It really is a pretty decent album.  I have no idea why it took me so long to warm up to it.

There are two great advice songs on this album. The first is Don't You Worry About A Thing, featured above. The second is:

Higher Ground

People keep on learnin'
Soldiers keep on warrin'
World keep on turnin'
Cause it wont be too long



1 comments:

boyhowdy said...

That album came up on me like that once upon a time, too. And Higher Ground is a JAM, man -- that cheesy Red Hot Chili Peppers cover didn't rock nearly as hard as the original. Great choice.