Sunday, June 8, 2008

Advice: Don't You Worry About A Thing

Stevie Wonder: Don't You Worry About A Thing


A friend recommended Innervisions to me in about 1992. I bought it but couldn't get into it. I gave it another try a few years later, but still no luck. A few years after that I gave it another spin. There were a couple of stand out tunes, but still, nothing special. Then, finally three or four years ago, I got it!  It really is a pretty decent album.  I have no idea why it took me so long to warm up to it.

There are two great advice songs on this album. The first is Don't You Worry About A Thing, featured above. The second is:

Higher Ground

People keep on learnin'
Soldiers keep on warrin'
World keep on turnin'
Cause it wont be too long


boyhowdy said...

That album came up on me like that once upon a time, too. And Higher Ground is a JAM, man -- that cheesy Red Hot Chili Peppers cover didn't rock nearly as hard as the original. Great choice.