Monday, November 9, 2009

Name-Droppers: Vinyl Records


Todd Snider: Vinyl Records (live recording plus intro from Tales from Moondawg's Tavern)

Todd Snider: Vinyl Records (studio version from New Connection)

[purchase]

It is no secret on this list that I am crazy about Todd Snider - when this week's theme was announced, I knew I had the ultimate Name-Droppers song, in the form of Vinyl Records!

I am including two versions:

~ the studio recording from his New Connection CD - after he sings the line "I've got piles and piles and piles of Tom Petty", I especially love the drum bit following, which is an homage to the signature sound of TP and the Heartbreakers)...

~ a live cut, complete with an hysterical intro... courtesy of Rich Willis, a creative and generous Todd-lister who, in May 2007, put together (and made available to the list) "Tales From Moondawg's Tavern, a compilation of Todd's stories [with the associated song] thru the years" (backstory here and download info here)...

P.S. In doing research for this post, I just ran across a new Todd blog - sweet!

blog comments powered by Disqus