Sunday, November 2, 2008

Silly Songs: Bret, You Got It Going On



Flight Of The Conchords - Bret, You Got It Going On [purchase]

OK, so I've never actually seen Flight Of The Conchords, despite the fact it's come highly recommended to me on a few different occasions. I also have no idea if this particular song is commercially available. I only have it because it was included on this Sub Pop compilation, which I was given in a swag bag by Waterloo Records, but isn't listed at Amazon, let alone the Sub Pop website. None of the releases linked above have the track, unless it's listed under a different title, or it's an excerpt from a different, longer song. Whatever the case, the song is straight outta the Tenacious D playbook and makes me laugh out loud every time I hear it. Oh, sorry. I meant LOL. Kids today with their acronyms and ironic songs tiptoeing around "alternative lifestyles."

blog comments powered by Disqus