Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Live: Is She Really Going Out With Him



Joe Jackson: Is She Really Going Out With Him

Follow Joe

The first time I saw Joe Jackson was at the Greek Theater in Berkley, California in about 1983. The show was amazing; however, one thing that struck me at the time was that he seemed to have outright disdain for his own fans! He harangued us through the entire show, calling us names, making fun of us for being rude and arrogant Americans, and so on. This went on non-stop for the duration of the evening. I left loving his music more than ever, but wondering why he hated us so much.

I now have a friend who saw him on the exact same tour in Los Angeles. He tells a story of being in the front row and having Joe Jackson actually walk up to the edge of the stage and pour an entire 32 oz cup of water right on his head!

I don't know what was up with his mood that year, but Joe Jackson did not want to be on the west coast of the United States.

Joe... I still love you, even if you hate me.

blog comments powered by Disqus