Monday, March 28, 2011

Dishonesty and Lies: Promise


Violent Femmes: Promise

Purchase

You know that I want your loving
But my logic tells me that it ain't never gonna happen
And then my defenses say I did't want it anyway
But you know sometimes I'm a liar



Sometimes the person we lie to the most often is ourself. As Jeff Winger said on last week's episode of Community, "Nine out of ten lies occur six inches or less from the mirror."


Violent Femmes were an alternative rock outfit hailing from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They became instant post-punk darlings with their hit-filled self-titled debut album which included unforgettable songs like Gone Daddy Gone, Blister in the Sun, and Never Tell.


Like any great record, Violent Femmes was full of excellent deep tracks as well. Promise is one of those.

blog comments powered by Disqus