Friday, March 4, 2022

weather: MIXED WEATHER

 


There is a Turkish saying about the month of March that goes like this: it'll make you look (longingly) out the door and cause you to burn your (wooden) shovel and pick handles.

March 1st here was a balmy 50 degrees F; March 3rd it snowed. 

Myself, I feel the weather all day long since my workplace is required to leave all the doors and windows open to mitigate the virus. But it will soon pass. The cold weather, that is.

The weather? ... we have no control over it. Or do we? You want to get into climate change, do you? After COVID mitigation, you say you want to take on weather patterns? Well,  OK ...

I'm not a climate data scientist but I do believe that we don't have (and likely never will have) the long-term data to prove human-caused climate change - there are just too many factors). But I still believe I carry some responsibility for my use of the resources I consume. Guilty until proven innocent.

But without fruitless worrying, we *can* start by making a (limited) list of weather issues:

 

too much rain

 


too cold

 


too hot (kind of off the mark - except that it is Hot Tuna and Jorma is hot)


 Do note that the Weather report intro solo at the top is played on a bass guitar

 




blog comments powered by Disqus