Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shorties: Accidentally Daisies


Danny Schmidt: Accidentally Daisies

[purchase] (first 100 pre-orders will receive an autographed copy!)

By now, you are all aware of my inability to do anything in 25 words or less - I confess that I am also an easier-to-get-forgiveness-than-permission kinda woman. I am about to beg your indulgence in advance - to paraphrase my first post to this collaborative blog way back in late-October, what's a few seconds among friends?...

I have written of Danny Schmidt (one of my favorite songwriters) here before - I am eagerly anticipating presenting him in my concert series in a few weeks....

His management sent me a copy of his soon-to-be-released (March 10) CD, Instead the Forest Rose to Sing, a few weeks ago... and I was of course prepared to love his deeper, denser tunes - however, I didn't expect to be hit in the heart so hard with Accidentally Daisies, a simple yet substantial song, clocking in at mumble mumble... two minutes and six seconds... mumble, mumble...

Lots of meaning there for me, as daisies have always been my favorite flower, I used them in my wedding... and my china pattern has a daisy border - the sweet words of devotion... coupled with tender harmonies... accompanied by a swell (my attempt at a DS pun) string section... reduce me to tears every single time I listen...

It is a lovely memory jog of the chain that binds (or unfurls, as he sings) - accidentally daisies fill my eyes... indeed...

blog comments powered by Disqus