Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shorties: Dookie


Green Day: Coming Clean
Green Day: Emenius Sleepus
Green Day: In the End

[purchase]

When I heard about this week's theme, the first thing that came into my head was punk music. Being a teenager in the mid-90's, my introduction to punk came by way of Green Day and their album, Dookie.

I bought the album a few months after it was released and quickly became hooked. I had never heard anything so raw that still retained such a melodic quality. There was a certain finesse behind the fury. I went out and bought their first two albums as well (Kerplunk is still my favorite), and they became one of my favorite bands during my high school years.

The last few songs off Dookie (the album ending "F.O.D." excluded) all clock in at less than 2:00 and are all included here. I still pull this album out from time to time on a late night drive when I need a little extra something to help keep me awake. It always does the trick.

blog comments powered by Disqus