Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ghosts and Zombies: The Ghosts That Haunt Me


Crash Test Dummies: The Ghosts That Haunt Me

[purchase]

I may have written before that I'm not a big fan of 80's music (other than New Wave) - I feel as if I tolerated a decade of One-Name Bands (being purposely vague so as to protect the innocent... or guilty, as the case may be), hoping for an eventual reprieve (the views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my fellow... and sister... Starmakers)...

So... may I just tell you how refreshing it was to usher in the 90's - Counting Crows and Crash Test Dummies were the first to hit my list of New Discoveries, with lyrics and humor and musicality, oh my!

I could not get enough of CTD's debut cassette (yes, you read that right), which I played incessantly - the songs in their repertoire are peppered with literary references (T. S. Eliot, Steinbeck and medieval characters, not to mention Superman)... plus who can resist Brad Roberts' deep, droning, dreamy voice? (rhetorical question)...

The Ghosts That Haunt Me is a catchy, bouncy little ditty in which the narrator admits to a life fraught with bony skeletons, plagueing demons and howling winds... yet feels confident that the object of his affection has the power to exorcise them all should she choose to spend her days (and nights) with him... even in the afterlife - wooooooooo...

blog comments powered by Disqus