Saturday, March 6, 2010

Medical Conditions: Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung

Weird Al Yankovic: Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung


Sometimes when I see the theme for a given week here at the Machine, a rush of creativity hits me and my head is filled with songs. I'm overcome with insightful and poignant things to say and songs to fulfill those thoughts.

With a theme like this, you would think this would be one of those times. There are tons of songs about diseases and mortality. Songs that are themselves both insightful and poignant and speak to some of our deepest fears of becoming aged and infirm. Moving songs that can bring the listener to tears by reminding them of loved ones who have suffered and passed.

I thought about all of those songs this week... and still chose "Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung" by Weird Al. Enjoy.

blog comments powered by Disqus