Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Footwear: In These Shoes?



Kirsty MacColl: In These Shoes?

[purchase] the superlative 3 disc set From Croydon to Cuba: An Anthology

A cheeky, saucy little number from the ever wonderful, and dearly missed, Ms MacColl. This really showcases her great sense of humour and features a nice, sultry salsa-style backing.

Then I met an English man
"Oh" he said,
"Won't you walk up and down my spine,
It makes me feel strangely alive"
I said "In these shoes?
I doubt you'd survive"
I said "Honey, let's do it!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool tune, which I'd never heard before...Thanks!
And what a crazy shoe picture! Looks like a box of Crayola's got into a fight with some Lego's!

Divinyl said...

Nice simile, my friend! Indeed crazy.

Great song, eh? I LOVE Kirsty MacColl!

Anonymous said...

I love this song. As much as I enjoyed her earlier work, her move to mixing genres near the end of her life really gave her more room to stretch her creativity. Thanks for posting it!