Saturday, June 21, 2008

Footwear: Walk A Mile



Holly Golightly: Walk A Mile

[purchase]

This is the fabulous first track from Holly Golightly's fantastic 2003 album Truly She Is None Other. The entire album is great, but is just one of her 14 full-length releases (and that's not including two live records and a compilation!). For those who do not yet know Holly, this album would be a great place to start.

You might also want to know that she was in Thee Headcoatees, a female offshoot of Billy Childish's The Headcoats, and that she has collaborated with Childish, Rocket From the Crypt, The Greenhornes, and appeared on The White Stripes' album Elephant.

.

2 comments:

boyhowdy said...

Another great one comes in under the wire! Nice call, D -- I have only recently been hearing about HG, and had no idea she had been so prolific!

That said: we've seen an awful lot of 2003 in the last day or so -- all good stuff, but I'm going to assume, with optimism, that the overabundance of modern song is just the pendulum swing/wave from our recent "relinquishment" of the rules about publication date, especially concentrated due to the eleventh-hour nature of the beast. I do so love the older gems we've resurrected in the last months.

Divinyl said...

I couldn't agree with you more...I tried to avoid the temptation to post this track, as I didn't want to be amongst the 'swathe' of new song posts...but I couldn't resist! Plus, it doesn't sound like it was released in 2003!

There are a couple more tracks for you to sample, if you like, over at my blog...I went to see her live (for the third time!) the other day...and even got to chat with her afterwards for about an hour! Yippee!