Sunday, November 30, 2008

Leftovers (Clothes): You Make Me Wanna Wear Dresses



Lisa Germano: You Make Me Wanna Wear Dresses

[purchase]

When Boyhowdy asked me to write a guest post a few months ago, I was beyond flattered – after the New York Minute between his invitation and my submission (in case he changed his mind!), I spent quite a few hours perusing the archives to get a feel for the taste, tone and talent of the regular contributors (impressive being a major understatement)…

I couldn’t help but experience more than a twinge of wistfulness as I read previous themes and pondered the woulda/coulda/shoulda had I been around then – now that I’m “on staff” (pinch me!), many thanks to BH for allowing this time machine opportunity to revisit Clothes Week

Not sure exactly how the music of Lisa Germano first drifted into my ears – all I know is that when I heard You Make Me Wanna Wear Dresses, it took me back to a time of innocence, shyness and vulnerability. I immediately thought of past crushes and blushes (pre-husband, -children, -mortgage) – it’s lovely to have a suburban roof over my head (and all it represents)… but sometimes one can’t help but long for a castle in all its swoon-worthy metaphor…

P.S. I found out later that Lisa Germano played violin on tour with John Mellencamp for years – for BH: she does a h*lla cover of These Boots Are Made for Walkin’…

blog comments powered by Disqus