Saturday, June 30, 2012

Trinomial Bands: Two Cow Garage


Two Cow Garage: No Shame

[purchase]

Two Cow Garage is a rock band from Columbus, Ohio, that inserts elements of punk and country into their music. My friends tell me that they are one of the best live rock bands going these days, but unfortunately, I have yet to see them in the flesh. This song is off of their 2007 album III (not surprisingly, their third album), which is one of my favorite records from the last decade.

The song "No Shame" is essentially about quitting the band and getting a 9-to-5 day job.

Well now there's a guitar that's leaning on my wall,
the instrument of my ultimate downfall.
And notebooks scattered all over my floor.
Six hundred pages all filled with regret,
and hundreds of songs that I ain't finished yet,
and a job application getting harder to ignore.


I spent the last half of 2011 and the first half of 2012 unemployed, and this song became my theme song as I pondered changing careers. Fortunately, I did not have to change careers, and neither did Two Cow Garage. They are currently working on their sixth album (not entitled VI).

(Sorry this post is so short. Heat wave + no A/C = no brainpower for Aimz.)

blog comments powered by Disqus