Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Little Black Book: Mary Jane



Rick James: Mary Jane

[purchase]

Time to get a little funk up in here. A little funk courtesy the late Rick James, to be precise.

Even though he sings, "I'm in love with Mary Jane. She's my main thing," and even though said Mary is, literally, sch-mokin' hot, Rick has, with a subtle and clever style, managed to double-entendre-trick us into a smoky, dangerous world of illicit pleasures.

Seems he's worked his wily, nefarious ways on MJ, too... Oh, wait, it's just Kirsten Dunst. Now she, in my opinion, is sch-mokin'! Not so much in this picture, but... well, I guess she is totally smoking in this picture. Hrm... not what I meant, but... gah!

Damn you, Rick James, and your infernal weed song!

I was feeling a bit iffy about posting this song: Since it is such an obvious ode to grass, I was worried it might fail the topic. Upon second review, though, I decided it does fit. If you want to imagine this about a girl, go for it...

Me? I'm going to step outside for some *ahem* fresh air.

0 comments: