Friday, July 11, 2008

Hell Week: Mr. Devil



The Great Divide: Mr. Devil

[purchase]

Following in boyhowdy’s path to redemption, here is another uplifting, gospel-tinged song referencing the devil. Mike McClure has always had a strong gospel influence to his music – in fact, i did an entire McClure gospel post here. Mr. Devil was recorded back in Mike’s Great Divide days on the album Revolutions. Mike attempts to ward off Satan by letting him know that he has recently found Jesus and “laid [his] burdens down.”

“You have tried my faith, and you’ve one a time or two.
Mr. Devil, I’m growing tired of you.
Won’t you leave me alone, ‘cause I got work to follow through.
Don’t you tell me what I can and cannot do.”

i left the hidden track on the end of the song, because 1) it follows in the same vein – with a slightly jaded outlook on religion, and 2) There’s a cameo from Ray Wylie.

Get some learnin’ on Mike McClure...

Submitted by Payton.

blog comments powered by Disqus