Friday, October 3, 2008

Blog Names: The Adios Lounge



Thelonious Monster: Adios Lounge

[purchase]


Joining up with the Star Maker Machine brought more happy surprises than I could count. I was exposed to many bloggers I'd hadn't come across before, every one of them brought something unique to the table. Perhaps the biggest surprise was The Adios Lounge, which for reasons I can't explain hadn't shown up on my radar before.

The Adios Lounge gets into the nuts and bolts of tunes, not only as a music lover, but from a players standpoint as well, like how a drummer subtly slows the beat after a sax player joins in on the chorus. That kind of writing gets my attention because the author knows what they're talking about, Lance certainly does. Musically, I'm not sure of where he's been or what he's done, but you don't get that sort of knowledge by just watching from the sidelines.

The blog's name comes from a Thelonious Monster tune from their 1992 Beautiful Mess album, a duet between group leader Bob Forrest and Tom Waits. If there was ever a nonconformist musician, it's Bob Forrest. If there was ever a blog that doesn't conform to the usual flotsam and jetsam that seems to be the standard for the Blogosphere, it's The Adios Lounge. It's now one of my regular reads and it should be yours as well.

blog comments powered by Disqus