Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blog Names: Big Rock Candy Mountain



The Beat Farmers: Big Rock Candy Mountain [purchase]

Billy Bragg: Waiting For The Great Leap Forwards [purchase]

Moe Bandy: Barstool Mountain [purchase]

If you’ve got a blacklist, I want to be on it.

That Billy Bragg lyric is the well-chosen subtitle to one of my favorite blogs: Big Rock Candy Mountain.

What I love about BRCM, apart from impeccable music selections, is its irreverent sense of fun. More often than just about any other blog, BRCM finds its way to that magical intersection between appreciation for alcoholic beverages and great old music. This makes it both a model and an inspiration for me.

I also love the frequent themed mixes, like this one about trains, for instance.

BRCM’s sister site, Barstool Mountain covers the same territory with a greater emphasis on the booze. Check out the Top 100 Drinking Songs

blog comments powered by Disqus