Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blog Names: For The Sake Of The Song



Townes Van Zandt: For The Sake Of The Song

[purchase]

One of my favorite music blogs, For The Sake Of The Song, has been on hiatus of late. Based on the last post before its departure, it should be back soon. A September return was promised, so I've got my fingers crossed.

If it's not already on your radar, make sure you make FTSOTS a regular stop when it comes back. FTSOTS primarily highlights music from the last century. What makes it so great, I think, is the wide range of featured genres, from blues to country to punk (always represented by excellent songs), and the intelligent writing. I've learned a lot there. And it's fun too.

Come back soon For The Sake Of The Song...

By the way, I should point out that the namesake song from Mr. Townes Van Zandt is solid. Really one of the greats. It comes from Townes' self-titled third album released in 1969, which is probably the best place to start with Townes Van Zandt if you are so inclined.

blog comments powered by Disqus